“We are so blessed and excited to welcome Glenda Bliss to the Keepers Ministry Team. She is an enthusiastic, delightful addition and has a deep passion for teaching the younger generation about the principles of being a godly woman. In addition to her responsibilities on the ministry team (serving as Lori’s personal assistant) she will also be a facilitator in a Called to be a Keeper class this fall. We are thankful God has brought her to our team! ” Lori Merrill and Debbs Hammett, co-leaders
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle caffeinated citrus-flavored soda (such as Mountain Dew)
- 4 small Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and quartered
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent roll dough
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- Heat the butter, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla in a saucepan over medium heat until the sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; set aside. Divide the crescent roll dough into 16 triangles. Roll 1 slice of apple with the dough and arrange on the prepared pan. Pour the butter mixture over the wrapped apples, then pour the citrus-flavored soda on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 40 to 45 minutes.
This recipe uses simple ingredients including things you probably have in your pantry. I had to buy Mountain Dew because we NEVER drink it. I was just intrigued by that ingredient and wanted to try it. Must say the results were amazingly delicious. ENJOY! (Photo reflects half recipe)
Click on the fifth button above to get a printer friendly version of this post.