One of my favorite things to do at this time of year is to bring out my spring decorations. I don’t have many, but it helps to pack everything away that is a reminder of winter and bring out the bright and cheery decor. This is usually my first step to getting ready for spring. It is almost like I am making a statement of, “I am putting out the green so don’t you dare snow or freeze again!” Of course, this stubborn attitude has not always been wise and I have paid for it (literally at times) when I get a little ahead of the planting time. However, if you and I keep the spring decor inside and not get into the planting yet, then we should be fine!
So, here was my first project this past week to get my mind focused on spring and the coming Easter celebration.
In one of our past Hospitality Skill Sessions, Teri Hubbard taught us how to use an old mirror as a centerpiece for our table. Well, I had this older mirror that I really like, but it just doesn’t fit into our house since our last move. So, I tried it as a centerpiece for my daughter’s birthday and loved what came of that (I will show you that another time). Since it worked so well for a birthday centerpiece I thought I would try it for my spring centerpiece also. Here are the steps I took:
- Centered the mirror on the table.
- Placed greenery bushes in the center and the sides.
- Placed my ceramic rabbits on each end.
- Placed tulip candle holders between greenery where they look best.
- I then placed the ceramic eggs in the greenery and around the rabbits.
- Filled the basket the rabbit is holding with fake eggs (or you could use candy).
- I can either add a votive or tealight candle to the tulips or fill them with candy.
All of these things I already owned, but used them in a new way this year. So, I encourage you to see what you have on hand and how you can make it reflect spring in your home. I hope this gets you in the mood to get started. Have fun and then tell us about it!
Click on the fifth button above to get a printer friendly version of this post.