By: Amy Wood
Now that Fall has arrived, many of you will be using fresh pumpkins and gourds for decorations and displays. Instead of having your investment rot away by replacing or throwing out used pumpkins follow these easy steps to make your decor last well through the fall season.
1. Purchase a can of clear acrylic spray paint in either matte or gloss finish. This can easily be found at any craft supply store in the spray paint section.
2. Next, wipe away any dirt or dust from the pumpkin with a dry cloth.
3. Then, in a well ventilated, outdoor location, place the pumpkins on a layer of old newspaper.
4. Spray the entire surface of the pumpkin including the stem and let it dry.
5. Once the sides are dry, turn it over and spray the bottom!
6. Your pumpkins are now durable and ready to endure the entire Fall season. Enjoy!
Click on the fifth button above to get a printer friendly version of this post.