Creating a Cozy Space to Connect with the Lord
As summer comes to an end and fall begins to set in, it seems we all hunger for routine. We are often eager to welcome a schedule of any kind. If you happened to let your quiet time with our Lord slide a bit during the summer, or just happen randomly, then this is the time to be brave and do something about it. This is the perfect opportunity to make sure you schedule the most important appointment of your day!
As you look over your plans and book that doctor’s appointment you have been delaying, the piano practices for your child, maybe gymnastics for the other child, all the sporting events for another, workouts for yourself and then maybe a date night or two; don’t forget the most important event of your day. Every day! Pencil in a time to set aside each morning to spend time with the Lord in His Word and in prayer.
I implore you to treat this as an appointment on your calendar every day just as you would any of the previous things mentioned. Don’t miss it because missing it changes your day.
Here are some other tips to help you in this area:
- Be committed. Make up your mind that this is something you want to make a habit and then work on doing it every day.
- Ask the Lord to give you the perseverance, the desire and passion to follow through.
- Set your alarm so you will get up in time to meet with the Lord.
- Start small if this is new for you. Make it a goal to spend 15 minutes each morning reading His Word. Then expand that time in 5 minute increments slowly over time.
- Prepare a special place just for you to meet with the Lord and have everything you need on hand. Read more about this below from my daughter Brooke.
I hope this encourages you. I truly believe this is the best investment you can make in yourself, your marriage, your children, your friends and even your job!
In His Love,
If you're anything like me, you're all about being cozy! There's almost nothing I love more than curling up in a blanket with a cup of hot tea (got this from my momma). Prior to our recent move, from Oklahoma to New Mexico, we had a cute chair in a corner with a basket for blankets close by which made it my favorite spot. Moving into an apartment it was important for me to have another "cozy corner". My favorite chair wouldn't fit (saddest day ever), BUT I used a different chair and recreated this corner.
I keep a basket nearby filled with quiet time essentials such as: my Bible, favorite book, & Bible study. I got this idea from one of the skills sessions in the Called to be a Keeper Bible study & it's the best! As shown, I also have a table nearby with a lamp for some extra light. I think it adds to the coziness!
Since I love to read, I also love to decorate with books whenever I can. Sometimes when I finish a book and it happens to be beautiful, I add it right into my decor!
Here is a list of where I purchased the items:
- Lamp -Ross
- Table -Feathered Nest
- Chair -Mathis Brothers
- Pillow and Blanket -Pottery Barn
- Called to be a Keeper Bible study -Keepers Shop
So grab your favorite blanket, Bible study, a cup of tea & let's get cozy!