5 MORE Tips for a Mom of a College Student
Dear Mom of a College Student,
Are you still struggling through this first month of your child or children being away at college? Do you find it a little difficult to adjust to the transition? I get it. I have been there. If you missed my first post for moms with five tips, you can find it on August 24th. In the meantime, here are five more tips to help with this new season of life for you and your young adult.
1. Pray for them daily to grow to "love Him with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength" (Mark 12:30).
2. Make a special scrapbook or journal - if you didn't get this done before they graduated then do it now as a Christmas gift this year!
3. Don't live in the past - this is the day the Lord has made; rejoice and be glad in it! The Proverbs 31 woman smiles at the future because she has security in His plans.
4. Keep in touch - call them at least once a week just to keep the lines of communication open. Make a phone appointment if necessary.
5. Bless them each week - think of one thing you can do at least once a week to bless them - a note, a special delivery via the mail, or a Scripture that you send them. For a while I sent a spiritual magazine subscription each August, one to my son and another to a college gal I had mentored.
We serve a Sovereign God who has a perfect plan for our children. There is nothing that surprises Him though it may surprise us! And guess what? The same God who blessed you with that child by creating him or her loves that child more than you do! I know this is so hard for us to imagine, but it is true. So, who better to give these emotions such as fear and anxiousness to, than to Him?