5 Tips for Keeping Your Passion for God's Word Alive
For many years, I so desired to know the Lord better and learn more of His Word that I could hardly contain myself. I wanted so badly to study His Word, spend more time in His Word, and be with Him that I couldn’t stand it! The Lord used this desire to build within me a love for His Word and a love to teach His Word to my children and then later to other women.
However, as the years wore on I began to notice that while my passion was there, it didn’t seem as fresh and alive as it once had. This has always been a concern for me; I never want to lose that passion for pleasing and loving Him.
Here are some things I had to do (and still do) to preserve that passion. I pray these are helpful to you:
- Pray and ask the Lord to make you love Him more every day.
- Pray and ask the Lord to give you a passion for His Word and His ways.
- Find ways to praise Him every day. Tell Him about His amazing creation as you admire it when you drive; thank Him for the many things He has given you. Praise Him that He will never leave you nor forsake you.
- Spend time in His Word every day…even when you are busy or don’t feel like it. This is truly food for your spiritual life. We MUST have a regular diet of His Truth.
- Find a local body of believers and be committed to fellowship and worshiping there. Become involved so you are serving the Lord through His church.
Bless you, dear one. The Lord loves you so much. If you made a commitment to make Him your priority, then I want to encourage you to persevere and pray daily about this.
And we (me & the prayer team) will be praying that everyone reading this will desire to seek first His kingdom and His righteousness in Matthew 6:33!
In His Love,
*The above is taken directly from the Called to be a Keeper Bible study workbook. So, if you want more tips for growing in your relationship with the Lord, then we encourage you to do the Called to be a Keeper Bible study. You can read more and order in our Keepers Shop.
**Time is running out to register for our Keepers Connection next week! Purchase tickets in our Keepers Shop for this great Girls Night Out outreach event Thursday, January 25th. There will lots of learning, loving, and laughter, PLUS wonderful door prizes! Register now before time runs out!