Fighting for Your Marriage
In the difficult stretches of marriage, it's important for me to remember that my husband is not the enemy but we have an Enemy. Here are a few “marriage helps” I have tucked away.
We are not in a challenging stretch right now but I’m really working on the second part of #5 (connection cues).
1. There will be seasons when your feelings of love dry up. Do the acts of love despite your feelings. (Timonthy Keller) Ask God to help you do one act of kindness today.
2. Remember love is diminshed when you focus on his negatives and love has a chance to grow when you focus on his positives. (Stormie O'Martian) Try making a list of his positives. Keep giving God the negative.
3. Pray that you will keep a tender heart towards your husband. (Lysa Terkeurst) And pray that you will be CAREFUL with his heart. (Ann Voskamp) Whisper a few prayers today even if you don't feel like it.
4. Ask the Lord to give you a new love and passion for your husband. (Lori Merrill) Keep this prayer on repeat.
5. Ask God to help you to stop being critical, defensive or full of contempt. And ask God to help you start looking for connection cues. (Ann Voskamp) Look for little ways to give your husband your time or attention.
Do you need extra prayers for your marriage today? Please comment or message us. Hugs to you all, Steph