Gift-Giving 101 Dessert Sauce Recipes
If you attended our Keepers Conference in October, you got to experience “Gift-Giving 101” with Irene Delano. She shared, showed, and gave away many wonderful gift ideas that focus on serving others with the ultimate intent of sharing the joy of Jesus and God’s Word.
So as promised at the conference, here are more simple and delicious recipes from Irene. These are easy to make and are a great way to get friends and/or kids involved in the blessing of preparation and giving.
Have fun decorating them with your own supplies in your unique style! You can include personal notes and Scriptures that are special to you or this Christmas season. Paige Redwine made the Caramel Sauce and on her pretty, fall colors tag included, “Let the whole earth be filled with His glory.” I decided to decorate the Hot Fudge Sauce in Christmas colors and on the attached card share the verse, “Behold, the virgin shall be with child and shall bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which translated means, “God with us.”
Thank you Irene and Paige for your contributions to these super Gift-Giving 101 ideas! Please share YOUR photos and ideas by Contacting Us or in the comments below.
Merry Christmas and joyful serving!
Exalting Him, Leigh Ann
P.S. -Click here to read more of Irene’s recipes. And make sure to follow us on Pinterest for all our “Keeping Christmas” ideas. Don't forget about the current sale on ALL our resources in our Keepers Shop as you are considering gift ideas.
Hot Fudge Sauce
2/3- cup heavy cream
½ -cup light corn syrup
1/3-cup dark brown sugar
¼ -cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
¼- teaspoon sea salt
6 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped and divided in half
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- In a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, bring cream, corn syrup, brown sugar, cocoa powder, salt and half of the chocolate to a boil. Reduce the heat to a low simmer and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining chocolate, butter and vanilla extract, stirring until smooth. Let cool for 20 to 30 minutes before using. It will thicken as it cools. Store in a glass mason jar, or glass sauce size container.
- Refrigerate for up to 2 week. To reheat, remove lid and microwave for 1 minute, stir then check to see if pourable, if not microwave additional 15 seconds until desired consistency.
- Add tag/label, directions and note.
Caramel Quick Sauce
1 cup Brown sugar
½ stick butter (4 tablespoons)
½ cup of Half and Half (you can use cream, it will be thicker)
1 Tablespoon of pure Vanilla extract
1.Mix all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook while whisking gently for 5-7 minutes, until thickened.
2. Turn off heat, remove from stove, serve warm right away or pour into heat safe sauce jar, or mason jar. Refrigerate until cold.
3. Add tag/label, directions and note.