God, Give My Teen Dating Wisdom
We have two sons that are old enough to date. And I have to be honest, I can get anxious and overthink things. About a year ago, I reached out to a dear friend about parenting & dating and her advice was "Be cool and pray like crazy". My husband and I realize that prayer is our # 1 tool. Here are some things we are chatting with the boys about...
1. Choosing a mate is one of your biggest decisions in life.
2. Date with purpose and intention. Don't date just to date.
3. If you can't see yourself with the person, cut it off.
4. Listen to the counsel of those around you.
5. Don't discount red flags.
6. Don't settle. Hold out for a godly mate.
7. Notice how she treats others.
8. Keep a list of characteristics at the forefront of your thoughts (kind, godly, hardworking, etc.)
9. As a guy, you are responsible for setting the boundaries (Mingling of Souls by Matt Chandler).
10. Having things in common is not as important as having common beliefs and values.
For more parenting tools, check out Daily Grace: Moms Practical Tools and Prayers for Moms