God, Renew My Passion for You
I love getting up early to drink my coffee and study God's Word. But I have encountered seasons when I needed a fresh idea to study God's Word. I am going to share a few study tools:
1. Read a chapter a day in the Bible and find a verse to meditate or "think on" for the day. If you are unsure where to start, start with the book of John.
2. Read a small book of the Bible such as Colossians or Philippians for a month using different translations or commentaries.
3. Read a Proverbs a day and find scriptures to pray for yourself or your family members. Or read 5 Psalms a day and do the same.
4. My favorite devotional is My Utmost for His Highest, the revised edition.
5. If you would like to use an App on your phone, check out the First Five App or Daily Grace Co. (thanks Nicole Sheffield for these ideas)
6. If you want a good study that covers marriage, parenting and godly priorities check out Called to be a Keeeper (www.keepersministry).
7. Buy a study from one of these authors: Beth Moore, Kelly Minter, Jennie Allen or Lysa Terkeurst.
*And just a note, please make sure the author has very good theology. If you are unsure, ask someone you respect.
Got a tool to share? Are you doing a study now? What's your favorite? Hugs, Steph #calledtobeakeeper