Parenting Strong-Willed Kids
If you have a strong-willed child, you totally get this. Parenting a strong-willed child is not for the faint hearted.
Maybe you are in a long stretch with your strong-willed child?
Maybe you have tried everything?
Maybe you are starting to lose a little hope?
Here are 6 prayers/tools that help me...
1. God, help me to keep training with kindness and gentleness and resist growing stern or using shame tactics.
2. Help me to walk away when I find myself growing angry.
3. Help me to give consequences when we are both not in an "angry state" and possibly delay the consequences.
4. Help me to stand strong and firm with consequences and not give into his/her protests because this teaches him/her to protest louder next time.
5. Help me to keep drawing near to my child and pointing out his/her strengths, especially in the difficult stretches.
6. Help me to remember that heart change can be a long term project and some hearts take a little longer to shape.
God, You have designed and wired each of our children. They are an original design and You have great plans for their lives. Strengthen us each day to be the parents that we want to be. Be our constant source of strength, wisdom and support. Amen. Hugs, Steph