Prayers for a Loved One Without Jesus
There is a pain that weighs heavy on hearts and minds at all times, which is rarely spoken of because it is a grief of what might be. It is the burden of a loved one that we believe is a lost soul. Someone we deeply love and want to have in heaven with us some day. And because we as believers are not to “worry about this day for it has enough trouble of its own” (Matthew 6:34) then we often set these feelings aside or bury them.
I have learned and continue to learn ways to pray for those that I have concerns about, concerning their eternal security. I hope these prayers help you as well, so we can each INTERCEDE MORE THAN WE WORRY. Lord, please:
• Give them a curiosity about how and why they are alive so they seek You.
• Orchestrate circumstances so that they recognize their need for You.
• Draw them to Yourself daily through Your creation, grace and love.
• Place people in their lives that are godly, who through their actions & words, have a powerful influence upon them.
• Open their eyes of blindness and let them see You in every aspect of their lives.
• Give them a deep desire to KNOW You.
We can never judge who truly has a relationship with our Savior and who does not. We may not know for sure, but God does. However, I have learned to pray more than fret over these people’s souls by putting Philippians 4:6 into action: “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.”
Lord, remind me often to pray for those around me who need You as their Savior. Help me to be sensitive to Your promptings to share testimonies of Your faithfulness in my life. But mostly, help me to live like Christ in front of them so that I am just one vessel that You use to speak Truth into their life.
**See comments below for verses regarding salvation
In His Love,