Praying for Our Husbands Spiritual Growth
When we were young marrieds, my husband was not the spiritual leader of our home. I started praying for the Lord to provide godly friends for my husband and a godly mentor. I was picturing a mentor that he could have coffee with every Friday morning, but the Lord exceeded my expectations. My husband began listening to a podcast by a Texas podcaster on his 45 minute commute each day. As you can imagine, he grew so much in the Lord during this season. And then he began to attend a community group and that is where he formed godly friendships. Over the years, I have learned to pray for my husband instead of nag him about his spiritual growth.
Prayers for our husband's spiritual growth:
1. God, give my husband a tender heart towards You and a hunger for You.
2. Bring godly influences and friendships into his life.
3. Please provide my husband with a godly mentor.
4. Help me to refrain from nagging, being critical or acting superior.
5. And help me to keep growing in You, to keep persevering in prayer and to leave any changing that needs to be done to You.
For those of you who have been praying for your husband for many years, may God uphold you and renew your strength. Hugs, Steph Whitley
"The Lord is near to all who call on Him, to all who call on Him in truth."
"The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." James 5:16