Stay Grounded in Scripture this Summer
As I opened my Bible this morning, I felt led to read Psalms 119. It is the longest Psalm and chapter in the Bible, as well as a Hebrew alphabetic acrostic. The original Psalm was written as a prayer and praise by someone who follows the Torah, and it is still rich in reminders of why we need to stay in God’s Word.
Here are just a few examples:
- Your word I have treasured in my heart, That I may not sin against You. 119:11
- Establish Your word to Your servant, As that which produces reverence for You. 119:38
- Sustain me according to Your word, that I may live; And do not let me be ashamed of my hope. 119:116
- Establish my footsteps in Your word, And do not let any iniquity have dominion over me. 119:133
- The sum of Your word is truth, And every one of Your righteous ordinances is everlasting. 119:160
Amazing. It is just amazing that staying in “Your word” has this much of an impact on our lives and those around us. God transforms us through His word.
So, what is the best way to stay in God’s word? By participating in a structured Bible study. The Keepers Ministry has two Scripture driven studies that are wonderful to help us remain focused and grounded in Biblical truths.
Jesus, Our Perfect Example walks you on the path of Jesus as He encounters various people and situations. Together with Lori we study the examples of Christ in the following areas:
- Facing Temptation
- Loving Others
- Confronting Others
- Priorities & Rest
This 8 week study is wonderfully suited for both men and women to do in small group settings, as well as individual study.
You can read more descriptions and order in our Keepers Shop.
Exalting Him, Leigh Ann