Tips for Protecting Your Priorities
Keeping focused on our goal and not becoming distracted by the daily happenings of life is a skill that can be honed and even developed. But it takes intentionality to sharpen this skill. The best perspective to have is one where you view distractions as a way of preventing you from living the life God has for you.
God does have a specific plan and purpose for your life. When you choose to live according to the principles of Titus 2:3-5 and Proverbs 31:10-31, you will be making a choice to better your life and the life of your family, friends, and others around you. Jesus came so that we might have abundant life (John 10:10) and part of the abundance is to live out the principles of God’s Word.
Intentional living=abundant living!
Hopefully these tips will help keep your eye on the goal:
- Each night—review your calendar for the next day. See if there are any adjustments you need to make to keep your priorities in order. Plan your wake up time.
- Adjust your wake up time as needed according to the amount of time you need to spend time with God in His Word and in prayer.
- Pray right when you wake up. Ask the Lord to help you live the day according to His plans and not your own.
- Be very intentional and purposeful as you go about your day, especially if it is a day full of appointments or a long to-do list.
- Ask the Lord throughout your day to keep you focused while being sensitive to His Spirit and leading. We never want to be so rigid we leave no room for the divine appointments throughout our day.
- Keep your calendar close to recheck and stay on track throughout the day—whether this is a written planner or the calendar on your phone.
- Allow yourself to have the joy of putting a check by the ones you completed!
- Adjust your to-do list if something changes (canceled, added, postponed) as needed throughout the day.
- Rejoice in the things you accomplished at the end of the day.
- Thank God for giving you the ability to live another day for Him. Ask Him to make you aware of any changes or adjustments you need to make to your schedule.
Many Blessings Friend,
*Learn more about priorities and scheduling at "Time Management for the Busy Woman" with speaker Gena Sego, at our Keepers Conference. It is a 1 day event on October 15th at First Southern in OKC. Read all the details and register from our Conference page.