Ways to Encourage Your Soul
During this most unusual time in history we all need to take care of our souls better than we ever have. If we are not careful the enemy of our souls will use this time to his advantage (destruction, despair & unbelief). But the lover of our souls, our Heavenly Father, wants to use this time to draw us closer to Him and to grow & refine us.
I’ve been sharing on my stories on Instagram the ways I’ve been trying to care for my soul. Now I want to share these ideas with you so that they might help you care for yourself and for others.
Here are ideas that I am doing or have done. Hopefully they will bless & encourage you, while also encouraging others:
- Get outside every day: sit, walk, read...enjoy God’s creation.
- while outside, take note of God’s creativity. It’s everywhere!
- Turn off the TV and turn on praise music or find a Christian radio station to listen to. •FaceTime or zoom call with a friend or family member at least once a week.
- Check on your parents and/or elderly friends once a week, if not daily.
- Send a card/note of encouragement to someone weekly.
- Give yourself a pedi/mani.
- Stay in God’s word! If you aren’t in a Bible study, then find one or start one for you and others.
- Bake/cook/try new recipes.
- Exercise – take up a new type of activity just to mix it up.
- Buy local and/or support small businesses by sending care/gift packages to encourage others.
- Set a timer on your phone to pray with your spouse about the pandemic every day for 1 minute. We do this at 8:00 pm each night.
- Connect with friends by planning an online get together with no agenda except to connect and catch up.
- Work puzzles by leaving them set up to do as you please.
- Work on SMALL projects—just 30 minutes or less!
These are just a few ideas to help you focus and practice good spiritual health which leads to better mental & emotional health. Please share things you are doing in the comments below so we can learn from each other!
“Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy name!” Psalm 103:1